Friday, January 4, 2013

Lunging the beast in the indoor ( there are monsters in here mom!!)

    A few years ago my mom decided that she was going to get a Menards Pole Barn kit and build it with the help of this guy that lives around here that does work like that. Anyway its a small indoor, with big windows and energy saving lights ( my reguest, and they are warm light not the nasty blue light)
     Super Kid has NEVER been a fan of this indoor, what I mean by this is every winter I fall off about two times or more from her spooking to get away from the monsters. Crazy mare. Yesterday when I got home from work I decided I was going to lung her, get her to stretch out her top-line, yadda yadda. Well Irmi was in there so we where fine, but as soon as Irmi left, Super Kid says " nope done working, i'm going to be a crazy mare and trot around with giraffe neck"  Awesome, we don't need that. I took her back to a walk and did spirals in and out both sides then called it quite.  We never get much done in there, always have to start with a 10 min lunge warm-up.
I'm looking down at he, but look at that trot!
     Sometimes I wonder what would have happened to her if she wasn't bred at three, and went into training. I probably wouldn't have her, she might even be at Rolex (thats how talented she is, but she got a tendon injury b4 I got her)
Two years ago at our first recognized even, BN jumps are too  small

No comments:

Post a Comment