Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year,,,

Happy New Year to all of you, and Happy Birthday to all those TB's that share the same b-day.  But there is one thing that is bothering me.

    Horse slaughter is a controversial topic. The problem is with the BREEDERS!! Because of the BREEDERS breeding when there is a surplus of horses there isn't a home for all of them . This subject came along when I was reading Weanie Eventers post  (btw I love Weanie Eventers blog) about this topic. Mostly it is the TB market that is making this problem so bad. But every breeder is making this worse. Breeders need to think that if they don't want one of their horses to end up in slaughter, don't breed them, or if you do only breed maybe one every other year. Or something like that. DON'T BREED,,, BUY!!!!!!!!

On other words, how was your breaks? Did your ponies get anything awesome?? Anywhoooo here is a picture of Bop, Rhyme and Blitzen playing a few weeks ago


OHHHH and PLEASE LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS! I would love to here what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Well, first of all, I think this is a great blog you are doing. Secondly, love your pics of my equine neighbors. Thirdly, I agree with your statement about breeders: breed responsibly (like anything else). Even though we all love to see adorable weanlings and have the opportunity to raise a wee one, let's take care of the ones already here first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, They are adorable,but if you think about it, it takes a year of the mare pregnant, 5 years minimum of then growing. Then a year of training, then you can ride them.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nod to my blog! I'm glad people actually read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'r welcome. I love reading your blog its funny

      Delete