Thursday, May 9, 2013

Saving.... To blow it

     I showed once last year, did NOT due well because I had refusals, not at the same jump though so we didn't get eliminated. ALMOSTTT. I have a irrational fear of ditches. not fun. I didn't place, end of the pack, end of last years story besides rocking it out at a clinic.
    Anyway this spring after all summer,fall,winter saving I entered a school show. Decided to go up to novice, messed up my dressage test, horrible test, just BLAHHH, jumped awesomely, except through the combo, where I forgot that I had to take the whole thing over again instead I took it from a near walk. We finished in 8th place, YAY!
    
OMG a decent release, over a tiny oxer. LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IT!!
 Anyway I sent in my entry for IEA Classic, HT's ( they offer novice and training long formats still, on the bucket list)
$312 dollars for ONE horse for a three day stay, two day compete. How do people compete multiple horses, I have no idea.




Don't mind my barely there choke hold release









A guy that I used to take lessons from helped me through my nerves and my warm up. He also explained to me what I do wrong.Have you ever driven a car with the E-brake on? I ride like that, I have my reins just a little short and don't release enough. Wastes a lot of Super Kid's energy, and mine. Well I have that to work on in the next 28 days before our next event. And our dressage, and about 4,000 other things. Anywayyy now its staying warmer and its easier to ride, so that's good!

4 comments: