Sunday, April 28, 2013

Things that horse people wont admit, don't fees up to, and are extremely annoying

        There are a few things that horse people are known for, lying to make themselves seem like they know everything about horses and all the horse sports. I personally will admit that I do not know everything, If I do not know about something I will go look up on it. What annoys me the most is when people are BENT on being right ALL THE TIME. If I went and looked up something from many different sources and they all say the same thing, then I am pretty sure that the research that I did is more believable than what you heard from a friend of a friend of a friend.
    Second, that everybody wants to bred their horses. Personally I would LOVE to breed Super Kid, but I know that I probably wont because there are THOUSANDS of unwanted young horses that need homes and training. Also if the horse you want to bred isn't even trained, has a attitude problem and has nothing showing that the foal would be a nice foal, I don't think that you should bred. If you have foals from 2007 that haven't been sold, don't bred. I personally think that if you want have a good sport horse or pony you should see if your horse is good at the sport, then bred it to another horse that is good at the sport.
    You wouldn't bred a horse that has clubbed feet, sickled hocked, toes out and has all conformational flaws, but because its cute you want to breed it? That offspring will have a signifintly less quality of life because its joints are always swollen and sore, etc. Yes, it can be managed with joint injections and supplements yes but in the long run it will have a hard life.
    I have known enough horse people that I can say a lot of them lie. I have noticed that in the eventing community that this doesn't happen as much, but in the dressage I have seen the most of these people. I have met a few dressage people that I love and they are awesome people, they don't want to win all the time, they just want to have fun with their ponies and they always come first.

I don't know, just a long rant about things that I have observed. I would LOVE to hear everybody's thoughts and personal idea's etc with these subjects.

Here's Irmi's pretty face to lift up this post

2 comments:

  1. Horse people as a whole are very opinionated, but I don't think it's worse than any other hobby. Especially on the internet, which is pretty much ruled by the vocal minority :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always safer admitting what you know and what you don't know. I always try to live by that.

    ReplyDelete