Sunday, April 21, 2013

Heartland recap

    Well Heartland started for me Friday night FREEEZING. Ok so my horses didn't get a bath like they needed. We arrived and it was almost dark, so I quick saddle Super Kid up and walked her around. She was good, stretching down and collected. Fed Arrow and Super Kid and finally got to the place where we were staying, around 10:30. Cue scrambling around to get to sleep for the 6am wake up for my moms first dressage test.
     Next morning came with frost on the windshield(insert crying about how cold it was)  Arrows first dressage test went vary well, with a flying lead change in a counter canter serpentine. Nice for a full level higher test. Both test that they rode where really really good, but the judge didn't think so ( she must have not liked TB's)
    My dressage test was at 12:30, so we had a lot of time sitting around. 11:30 rolled around, I tacked Super Kid up and headed to our warm-up. We had an awesome warm up, stretchy walk and trot, then collected walk,trot and canter, with leg-yields and half turn on the forehand. Walked to our arena. Go in and Super Kid decides to turn off her brain and not listen and pull on me, I get so distracted by this I make a half a circle disappear from our one and a half circle. Bell rings she asks me if I new where I messed up, I of course say yes and go back finish that move and finish the test. We still got a 37.13 which is really good.
    We had until 3:30 to 4 to do our stadium round, another long time slot. I walked it with some of our good friends their trainer who I used to take lessons from, he helped me out by telling me what I could to to make a long distance ok for short pony legs and other things. He also helped me out when I was warming up Super Kid, saying that I have a habit of riding with the Emergency brake on. I ride with my reins a little short but don't completely give her her head over a jump. So in the video you can hear him saying let go, and I didn't get it until halfway through the course.
    Over all it was a really good starter show for the season, we ended up 7th out of 8 because of my stupid dressage mistake and our mini refusal.  Once I can get the video of our stadium up I'll put a link up to it. 

2 comments: