Monday, November 26, 2012

the little pony that thinks she's a warmblood.

Super Kid being awesome as always
    This would be Super Kid. She is a registered American Sport Pony and is 12 years old. I got her three years ago and we haven't stopped since then.
     We got her because our TB Arrow made it perfectly known that eventing was not his favorite thing, and would come up lame randomly. My aunt at that time brought her welsh cob gelding Mary's Brenin down and i competed with him for a few years. He was about 22 or 23 when I got him. Then he started getting to old to compete like he used to and wouldn't feel up to jumping anymore. Sooo I was out a pony ):
    My mom at that time had a horse named Blitzen and she new that his mom was smallish eventer who was a freak of nature almost. Blitzen was a 1/2 welsh cob and the other was Lippizan, Holstiner Warmblood, Welsh Cob cross.  He was a amazing dressage horse and smart as all get out. When she found out that Super Kid, Blitzen's mom was for sale she jumped on it.
    Super Kid had four babies by the time she was 5 and wasn't properly trained until she was atleast six, and had a bolting problem. We went to go see her and she was overweight and couldn't bend to one side  I rode her and loved her. We took her on a week trial, at the same time I drug Arrow to a eventing camp. My mom surprised me by buying her when I was away.
   After that she stayed out on a complete dry lot and got a little handful of Safe Choice feed just to keep her happy. She slimmed down really quickly after that. After that first year we where on fire, having Lippizan in her gave her the awesome edge on dressage and at one of our shows we have gotten in the low 30's but we have first jumpitis and refusals due to me choking up and stuff.
   This is where Simon comes in. Simon is a magician I swear. After he yelled at me to " get the bloody hell over the ditch" we where good. He is amazing I would do anything to be able to be a working student for him. He gets us looking awesome and I love it

4ft oxer 










No comments:

Post a Comment