Sunday, November 18, 2012

Annie, the best first pony ever

I am extremely lucky to have a parent who understands and shares my love for furry long-legged creatures called ponies. Well I call every horse a pony, just do. My mom is the one who got me my first pony, and carted me to ridding lessons,and still does. I recently had to say goodbye to my first pony due to old age.
    Her name was Annie and we went to Ohio to get her when I was three. She belonged to a family with five girls and they all learned to ride on her. She was a bay with black mane and tail that was so poofy it about stood up by itself. I did EVERYTHING with her, baby dressage, jumping, playing imaginary games that every little kid plays, showed her in 4-H. I rode her until I was in third grade and too big. She taught me how to fall off without it hurting severally bad, to hold on, to keep your heels down and look up when jumping( learned that one the hard way). She was in her mid-to-late 20's when we got her. so by that time she was probably 30. I leased her to my friend and her and her little brother rode her, then I leased her to my old riding instructor for her little girl and later her little boy. She can home after that, I was probably about 14, she had a little vacation with occasional little kids ridding her.
    She eventually went to TEEM to be a lesson pony for my old instructor and she was there for about four years. About the third year she was starting to not eat well, lose her hearing and eyesight. In September we brought her home and she stayed for about three weeks then we put her down. She was probably 35 or older by then and lost all her teeth and couldn't hear or see unless you where really close to her.

    I miss her so much, she would come up to me and rub her head up and down on my hip\leg and knock me over, nicker at me when I came around. She was the best pony a little girl could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment