Sunday, December 9, 2012

Munchkin is coming along way.

 
  I call Rhyme many nicknames,,,, Rhymeykins, Munchkin, Corn Silk, Monster.

 We acquired Rhyme about three years ago from Castleberry Cobs, as a weanling. At the time I was ridding Brenin and hadn't even bought Super Kid yet. The breeder called us saying that she had a few foals that she wanted to sell, and my mom always thinking took me out there with her to look at them.  We saw this total cutie with his mom Regal who is sired by the Dutch Warmblood,  Limmerick and out of a TB named Ariel.
Look at the baby trot
Mother and Son moment










    Rhyme's sire is Tuscani Dundee, a Welsh Cob stallion, so he's a big pony. Fast forward three years and here we are. I started training Rhyme for leading and in hand classes. We never went to one. Then bing lunged with a saddle and eventually a bridle. We got on him at the end of his three year old year, only walking around. This spring we started with trotting and some light dressage work, only riding him a few times a week.
    He is to be my next eventing horse, meaning Novice and above. Super Kid could do Training, but she cant compete at it. We jump it at home though.  Tonight after I rode Super Kid, I rode Rhyme. He was AWESOME!! This winter i am hopefully going to introduce jumping and we started that tonight over itty-bitty one-foot jumps, that he just took a big trot step over.  Double Awesome. 
Bop had to get in on the action. 
    This horse has HUGE legs,joints, head, everything, but I'm most excited for his feet,I have NEVER seen this horse slip when he is playing out in the field with he's BFF Blitzen. Hopefully this will carry over to eventing particularly cross country, where I wont necessarily have to worry about him slipping and falling, because he has awesome pancake feet

CUTIE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment